[cma-l] Great content for International Womens Day

Pippa at Curly Radio pippa at curlyradio.com
Tue Mar 7 18:40:48 GMT 2017

Hi all,

One of my team is the Chair of the Women in Local Government Society.  They are launching a project tomorrow (Intl Women’s Day) to find 100 Suffragist Pioneers from across the UK.  I am hoping to demonstrate the power of Community Radio by encouraging you all to participate in the project.

At this link is a short interview 6’49” complete with cue material  http://bit.ly/2lACnBM

The project website is www.suffrage-pioneers.net
Twitter @suffrage-pioneer

There’s two ways to get involved:-

Encourage your listeners to go to the website and nominate their local Suffrage Pioneer.  This could be in conjunction with the WI (who are on board with the project because they were born out of the suffragist movement), or with local history or family history groups.  The interview works perfectly as a stand alone too.

or

Submit a piece of audio – an interview or a whole programme (via me).   This could be a good project for funding – perhaps by your local Council or the Heritage Lottery.

I hope you can support this project.  It will run right through this year and into 2018 which is the centenary of women first getting the vote.

There’s loads of info on the website.  Any queries please give me a call, and do let me know if you can use the audio.

Best wishes
Pippa

Philippa Sawyer
Wycombe Sound 106.6fm

07973 710963
@curly_radio
@wycombesound

Philippa Sawyer / Programme Director

Philippa at wycombesound.org.uk / 07973 710963 / 01494 449900

Wycombe Sound – A Not for Profit Organisation

Wycombe Community Radio CIC, Bridge House, Bridge Street, High Wycombe, HP11 2EL