[cma-l] Ariana Grande One Love Gig

Canalside Community Radio Ltd office at canalsideradio.net
Fri Jun 2 13:27:24 BST 2017

As you all know we are literally 15 Miles down the road from this place. Quite a number of my friends had their daughters at this event on the evening in question. I know 11 of the girls. I have heard other stories from Macclesfield people who were also there on the night.

Personally, I agree with Alex ……………. For example, we (Canalside) have done our bit here in the fact that we have been talking this gig up since it was announced and some of the afore mentioned people I do know are going back to the gig.

I personally do not think we need to broadcast this event if the Commercials and BBC are doing so ….. this has got nothing to do with being disrespectful …. It’s just basically not us and those who wish to watch it/ listen to it will do so via the BBC ……………            it’s a bit like the classic example that I use (pardon the pun)      we don’t have a Classical Music show ………. There’s already Classic FM               all that happens is the 200 or so listeners around this area tune in on a Sunday tea-time (if you market it correctly) and then the moment their 2 hours are up they go back to Classic FM ………….. in the meantime the 6,000 listeners you had at 5pm have gone bon voyage and migrated elsewhere …. Sometimes never to comeback.

We have a similar issue with Rock Music, although we do give it a go on a Monday evening. I’m becoming more and more concerned by it though as you ask the question ‘’well who is listening ?’’                 do the rockers jump from Planet Rock to listen …. Our research tells us that they don’t.

This isn’t about grabbing listeners it’s about being sensible … I don’t think we’d be adding or subtracting anything on the issue ??

I hope everything goes well for the gig and I’m sure it will be a success, and well done to those who are broadcasting it --- I just don’t think it is for us, we may simply be deemed to be trying to jump on a bandwagon which could have the opposite effect.

To be honest, as I have already said, our plight feigns into insignificance when you see these poor families whose lives have basically been wrecked … not just turned upside down but destroyed ….. how do you ever get over losing your 8 year old daughter to this type of horror ??     I don’t think you do.

I very rarely get reduced to tears as normally I’m as hard as nails …. But this has certainly wobbled me

God bless everyone and I just hope they can find the hope, belief and the strength to pull through it               I’m sure our thought are with them all

Nick

Canalside Community Radio Ltd.

Canal 2B,

Clarence Mill,