[cma-l] Outside broadcasting recommendation

Associated Broadcast Consultants info at a-bc.co.uk
Sun Jul 30 23:02:41 BST 2017

Perhaps even easier, even more reliable and arguably better on-air sound is
to use a digital recorder and email segments back to the studio.

- Listeners will not know it is live (why does it matter if it's minutes
later?)
- People at the event will not be listening to the radio, or if they do
they might stand a chance of hearing themselves
- It's less risky - in case of naughty words, or the person just freezes
- Much smoother transition from studio to event.  The presenter will have
pre-listened to it and know how to handover into and out of it
- avoid technical glitches like mobile network congestion, poor coverage
etc.

Simples!

Glyn

On 30 July 2017 at 19:33, <admin at edenfm.co.uk> wrote:

> Here, we simply stream back to the studio.
>
> We use Butt to encode (free, although donation suggested) and feed a
> dedicated web stream, that costs us about £3 a month.
>

> All you need is access to a wi-fi at the OB end. If we don’t have that,
> then we use a 3G dongle.
>

> At the studio end, we use WinAmp to receive the stream and feed to the
> studio desk.
>
> The cheapest possible way and it works every time.
>
> -Nigel-
>

> *Eden FM Radio Ltd*
> *Address:* Mostyn Hall, Friargate, Penrith CA11 7XR
> *Office:* 01768 899 101
> *Studio:* 01768 899 107
> *Email:* admin at edenfm.co.uk
> *Facebook:* /EdenFMonline