[cma-l] Comic Relief & Community Media

Paul Pennington paulpennington at btconnect.com
Fri Jan 20 10:15:14 GMT 2017

Dear All,

For those who were able to attend the CMA AGM in December, you will have
heard me speak as a voluntary ambassador for Comic Relief who will be
launching their Red Nose Day 2017 campaign shortly.

As their press launch is only a couple of weeks away, they are ‘ramping up’
by getting regional project visits and interviews booked in the diary. They
are keen to hear from community radio stations (TV & Print titles)  who
would like to get involved in supporting Red Nose Day  2017.  They can offer
project visits, fundraising stories, local school stories and perhaps a bit
of celeb time too (this will be TBC).  As many of you know Comic Relief
provides around £25million pounds of funding each year to projects right
across the UK, including community radio stations – they are, quite rightly,
very proud, thanks to the magnificent support of the public,  of the work
they have supported in communities  across the UK in the likes of mental
health, domestic violence and homelessness, to name but three.

I have offered to act as a point of contact/liaison for community stations
and comic relief – so please let me know ASAP via paul at wordonhealth.com  if
your station would like to get involved.  Can I also say a big thank you to
the Community Media Association for their support.

Best

Paul P

Paul Pennington

Word On Health

paulpennington at btconnect.com

@wordonhealth

T: 020 7272 3915

 <http://www.wordonhealth.com> www.wordonhealth.com  is the home of our
not-for-profit company and radio series, now in its 21st year, that features
on local independent & community radio stations across the UK.

We receive no external funding to make the Word On Health radio series.
Please help us stay ‘on-air’ by making a donation or by buying one of our
media training, radio or video production packages as part of our
crowdfunding campaign  <https://chuffed.org/project/word-on-health>
https://chuffed.org/project/word-on-health