[cma-l] Licensing and VAT

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Wed Jan 4 15:53:46 GMT 2017

Yes but Uncle Bill   :)

I know what the rules are and I know how they are doled out ………………… the point I make is if I released some material next week I would be looking round for people to broadcast it and not ‘’’not’’’ broadcast it. There is a difference between     re:- streaming stuff that HASN’T been paid for or broadcasting stuff that has been paid for. And hey presto, here we go again where the piracy bit gets included into the PRS/PPL bit to create confusion.

(I’m not saying you have I’m saying the argument itself has)

Buying a TV Licence doesn’t mean you have paid for the programme but buying a cd and re-broadcasting it looking positively means Mr Artist has been paid and then might be paid again when 500 listeners go out and also buy the cd.

Look           I’m never going to win the argument because it has all been manipulated and nope, we don’t need anyone to explain it all again. I know most of the Community Radio rules better than those who wrote em.

What might be good though is all the folk who come along to our gatherings and join in consultations if they could at all be persuaded to ‘listen’ as opposed to talking at us and telling us everything we already know or stuff that has no bearing on what we do at all.

Apart from that, everything is hunky dory in the garden and all done with a great big smiley miley on my face

For alL you guys know, this could just be one big wind up    ?????????????           LOL

I went to London before Chrimbo for a number of reasons …. To see lots of lovely people with similar interests, for a good bit of banter and I like riding on Trains.

Nick