[cma-l] Licensing and VAT

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Wed Jan 4 15:39:28 GMT 2017

I agree             trouble is, the actual ‘’’key’’’ point is the paying for it and then whether you can do what you want or not without charges being incurred.

I agree with everything you have said in the second bit Martin and doubt you not on all the effort that is being put in.

Yes, the debate and discussion should be parked now and we focus on the bits we can win. I think my observations spring out of frustration more than anything else and all go back to the same thing ….in our case here at Canalside we operate in a hotbed of Radio, with lots of competition plus things have changed over the past 14 years dramatically in relation to raising funds with more competition from Internet etc etc …..        I just feel that we are having discussions about things we should not be discussing because the issues should have been put to bed long ago in the ‘’’no brainer box’’’

My observations have become possibly ridiculous because they have gone round the block so many times they are meeting themselves coming back.

With a final reference to PRS/PPL        in the last 14 years we have always PAID our bill and paid ON-TIME so even though we do pay it through gritted teeth it gets paid and no I do not wish to be having battles in Court with them. Having said all of this, I also do not expect a good honest hard working bunch of genuine salt of the Earth folk being had for mugs and having our hats nailed on.

3% of not-for-profit organisations ……pull the other one Mr PPPPPP

That’s it really

Onwards and Upwards

Monkeeeee Magic

Regards