[cma-l] Travel News

Oliver Wilkinson oliver.wilkinson at drystoneradio.com
Fri Feb 24 21:28:33 GMT 2017

Hi Pippa,

Do you have all options on Inrix enabled? I know that we pay for it at Drystone (approx £350 PA) but a lot of the options are not available. I suppose I need to chase them up and find out the specifics of our account, however I just thought I'd ask 😊

Kind Regards
Oliver Wilkinson

Drystone Radio
E: oliver.wilkinson at drystoneradio.com
M: +44 (0)7456 066 289

> On 24 Feb 2017, at 21:19, Pippa at Curly Radio <pippa at curlyradio.com> wrote:
>
> We signed up to Inrix (approx £300 per annum). We have coverage of approx 30 miles radius of our tx. It has proved to be a massive hit with listeners. As well as traffic, it will list roadworks and in our case London Underground. The local council sponsor our traffic bulletins and the Inrix service was paid for in the first month.
>
> It was well worth the investment in our case. Inrix will give you a free trial for a couple of weeks, so it's worth a try.
>
> Hope this helps.
> Regards
> Pippa
>
> Wycombe Sound 106.6fm
> 01494 449900
> 07973 710963
>
> @WycombeSound
> @curly_radio
>
> On 24 Feb 2017 20:03, Cal McLean <mail at callum-mclean.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> In light of the news that the BBC is shutting down their online Travel news service (i.e. bbc.co.uk/travel) as part of an effort to save £15m, I thought it a good time to ask - what do CR stations as a whole tend to use for provision of their local traffic news? I can't imagine the average CR station paying a fortune to Inrix for local services?
>

> More details on the BBC scaling down their online offering:
>
> BBC Travel: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/internet/entries/68182816-070d-4600-9835-e83a4fadc13d
>
> BBC Creative Review: http://www.bbc.co.uk/aboutthebbc/insidethebbc/howwework/reports/bbc_ocr_2016
>

> Cal McLean
>
> Head Technician
> Halton Community Radio 92.3FM

*The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for
the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than
the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please
contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.*