[cma-l] FW: the mind boggles

David (RadioPeople) david at theradiopeople.co.uk
Wed Feb 22 19:34:53 GMT 2017

Hi Nick

I think, your good friend, Mark Blackman's post was pragmatic. It is about the imminent handing-back of a community radio licence or its transfer to another Ofcom-approved body. Perhaps other licensees would have fared better if they had reached out to their communities for a successor organisation.  And, I’m not sure what the "what size screw you need to hold the DAB front panel in place” refers to.

With respect to the team at Pure 107.8, I don’t think the "Let us do some things that are at least possible with a bit roll your sleeves up and whooomph” is helpful. 'Smiling through and having a chuckle' isn’t what’s going to keep stations going. Pragmatically facing up to the reality of where radio fits into people’s media consumption these days and, therefore, the value that it offers is what is going to see you through.

As you quite rightly say, ‘let’s get real’.

David
www.theradiopeople.co.uk <http://www.theradiopeople.co.uk/>