[cma-l] Season's Greetings from the Community Media Association

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Fri Dec 22 12:41:21 GMT 2017

Image: Linnaea Mallette (CC0 1.0
<https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/>)

​​
Wishing all our members, supporters, and colleagues all the best for the
festive season and a prosperous New Year. Thank you for all your support,
hard work and good wishes over this past year.

2018 looks to be yet another exciting year for community media and there
will be several regional community radio events that the CMA will be
supporting. And don't forget our 'jewels in the crown' - the Community
Media Conference and the Community Radio Awards to be held in *Sheffield*
in *September *- details to be released very early next year.

We are all eagerly awaiting the Consultation from DCMS on small-scale DAB
which will be followed, at some point, by a consultation from Ofcom on the
same. It is expected that the first small-scale DAB licences will be issued
by the end of 2018.,

*Saturday 20th January* sees the CMA's first outreach event with a Radio
Broadcast Compliance Workshop that has been organised with Ofcom and
Birmingham City University. Tickets are free and advanced booking is
required
<https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/community-media-association-ofcom-radio-broadcast-compliance-workshop-tickets-41503096880>.
Booking is open until *6pm 17th January 2018*.

The CMA office will be closed over the holiday period but the community
media elves will always be on hand if you need any help, advice, or a
shoulder to cry on if the festivities become too much.

The office voicemail will be checked periodically - *0114 279 5219* - and
any Internet radio enquiries can be emailed to Canstream at
tech at canstream.co.uk or we have the out of office hours phone number:* 0844
357 0442*.

Again, wishing everyone a wonderful break and every success for the New
Year.

https://www.facebook.com/CommunityMediaAssociation

Canstream Internet Radio & Video
http://www.canstream.co.uk/