[cma-l] Community Radio - Business Rates

Ray C rayc1066 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 5 14:07:40 GMT 2017

Dear all,
I wonder if anyone can lend some advice, we have been in a constant battle with Slough Borough Council now for 2 years with regards to how much business rates relief we are entitled to as a not for profit organisation, after being awarded 100% relief in year 1 the council has since had a change in strategies on how organisations are relieving them of financial burden before they award anymore relief, and in their latest strategy we have all of a sudden are in the list of non-qualifiers and hence are liable to pay 100% rates, its an horrendous amount of money, have any of you guys been in a similar situation or do you know any station that has or is? Any suggestions on how to tackle this would be great as they have us by the short and curly's at this moment.
Thanks
Ray CAsian Star Radio