[cma-l] The Community Media Conference, Bristol, Saturday 23rd September: "Voices In A Changing World"

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Tue Aug 1 13:10:30 BST 2017

Early-bird booking is now open for the Community Media Conference "Voices
In A Changing World" to be held in Bristol on Saturday 23rd September.

Book now: https://cma2017.eventbrite.co.uk

What role is community media playing in a constantly changing world? How do
our communities respond to the global events that affect us all at a local
level?

The Community Media Association brings together community broadcasters and
publishers, academics, enthusiasts and artists for a day of celebration,
learning and exchange. This year's conference includes some inspiring
speakers, practical workshops and skill sharing sessions, and networking
opportunities.

The annual Community Media Conference is a gathering of the tribes for all
who are changing the world through facilitating participation in grassroots
media.

Proposed agenda - subject to change:

10:00 Welcome and Introductions to the day

10:15 Panel 1: Voices for Change

   - What is the role of community media in a changing world?
   - How do we give a voice to all kinds of people?
   - How do we respond to world events and how they affect our local
   communities?
   - What is the role of community media in the media landscape?

11:15 Morning break and networking

11:30 Panel 2: Community ownership for fairer media

   - Business and funding models that challenge traditional media ownership

12:30 Community media and community development - presentation

12:50 The Community Media Charter - showcase

13:00 Lunch

13:30 Workshop session 1

   - SSDAB
   - Media against Hate
   - Funding workshop
   - Others TBC

14:30 Workshop session 2 - session 1 workshops repeated.

15:30 Panel 3: Artistic responses

   - Talks followed by presentations of work
   - How do artists working in community media respond to global events?
   - What can we say without words when words fail us?
   - What unique artistic possibilities does community media afford - what
   can we do that wouldn’t happen in other media?

16:30 Conclusions, wrap up from CMA Council and staff

17:00 Finish, networking

Book now: https://cma2017.eventbrite.co.uk

Early bird tickets are available until the end of August - book now!

https://www.facebook.com/CommunityMediaAssociation

Canstream Internet Radio & Video
http://www.canstream.co.uk/
https://twitter.com/canstream