[cma-l] Election Guidelines

Canalside's Thread events guide for NE Cheshire office at thethread.org.uk
Thu Apr 20 16:19:08 BST 2017

Nigel n’ all

To be honest guys I’m not sure whether we’ll be bothering this time round. Last time we gave each candidate 5 minutes to showcase their Policies and what they will do if elected. We feel that doing it this way you have less chance of someone pointing the finger at you and claiming that there is bias or favouritism towards a particular candidate or party.

We had a complaint 5 years ago after one of our guys and myself had given all candidates a good grilling. They claimed that we had been biased. When we listened back to the interviews it was a completely ridiculous accusation ….. in fact, if anything they got off lightly compared to the others. I suppose it is how people see it --- we see and hear things differently ……….. basically, you can’t win. I think it is Broadcast suicide as well if you let a rookie loose.

Horses for courses I suppose

We had another situation where one guy wouldn’t come in, but then complained because we had the others on. We pointed out that we had contacted the candidate on a number of occasions but he wasn’t available      ie:- the empty seat malarkey

We’re surrounded by two big BBC Local Stations anyway and our area is quite high on the Radio 4 Today list and 5 Live’ listenership… so best doing other things.

In fairness, the exercise is pointless as the coverage area of our Station, if a Chimpanzee put up wearing a Blue scarf it would get voted in. Macclesfield has been Tory since before the First World War.

Onwards and Upwards

Nick H Dumpty Malcolm Peter Brian Telescope Adrian Umbrella Stand Jasper Wednesday (pops mouth twice) Stoatgobbler John Raw Vegetable (whinnying) Arthur Norman Michael (blows squeaker) Featherstone Smith (whistle) Northcott Edwards Harris (fires pistol, then 'whoop') Mason (chuff-chuff-chuff-chuff) Frampton Jones Fruitbat Gilbert (sings) ' <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mai_Jones> We'll keep a welcome in the' (three shots) Williams  <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walk_this_way_(film_line)> If I Could Walk That Way Jenkin (squeaker) Tiger-drawers Pratt Thompson (sings) ' <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raindrops_Keep_Falling_On_My_Head> Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head' Darcy Carter (horn) Pussycat (sings) ' <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don%27t_Sleep_In_The_Subway> Don't Sleep In The Subway' Barton Mainwaring (hoot, 'whoop') Smith       😊