[cma-l] SSDAB

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Wed Apr 19 12:14:24 BST 2017

Good afternoon

I've recently contacted DCMS about this.

Regarding the General Election and the SSDAB legislation, DCMS advise that
the Election is likely to delay progress somewhat as the Civil Service has
to prepare for a new Government, new Ministers, reshuffles, and perhaps new
portfolios. There may even be a Coalition Government which will make things
a little more complicated.

The Election has been called for 8th June and Parliament will be dissolved
on 2nd May when the Private Members Bill will be passed by Royal Assent at
the prorogation ceremony. Any further development work will on the 'SSDAB
Bill' will then have to be suspended at that point until after the
Election. On the other hand, there will be a slightly quieter period up
until 2nd May giving DCMS a slightly extended period to utilise for
preparatory work on the Broadcasting (Radio Multiplex Services) Bill
2016-17.

Best regards

Bill
--