[cma-l] Funding News - Community Business Fund (UK)

Martyn Haynes martyn.haynes at wcrfm.com
Mon Apr 3 15:29:02 BST 2017

this. again.

Community radio
Despite receiving a lot of applications from community media
organisations, we have not yet funded a community radio station. This
is partly
because community radio stations find it hard to demonstrate they are
locally rooted, as they cover a broad geographical area like a whole
city, rather than a neighbourhood. Applications from community media
organisations have often struggled to provide strong evidence of how
they
benefit the wider community.

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 12:54 PM, CMA-L <cma-l at commedia.org.uk> wrote:
> The £10 million Community Business Fund will reopen in early summer 2017.
>
> Power to Change supports community businesses to revive local assets,
> protect the services people rely on, and address local needs.
>
> Power to Change awards grants to help new and existing community businesses
> grow and become more sustainable.
>
> There are two main grant programmes:
>
> The £1.85 million Community Business Bright Ideas Fund is aimed at community
> groups who have a community business idea but need help turning it into
> reality.
> The £10 million Community Business Fund is aimed existing community
> businesses that need funding for a business development project to make
> their organisation more sustainable.
>
> Find out if you are eligible:
>
> http://www.thepowertochange.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Community-Business-Fund-applicant-guidance-v4.pdf
>
> Through the fund, Power To Change will award grants between £50,000 –
> £300,000 to community businesses in England.
>
> http://www.powertochange.org.uk/funding/grants/community-business-fund/
>
> \\
>
> Community Media Association
> --
> http://www.commedia.org.uk/
> http://twitter.com/community_media
> https://www.facebook.com/CommunityMediaAssociation
>
> Canstream Internet Radio & Video
> http://www.canstream.co.uk/
> https://twitter.com/canstream

Martyn Haynes
Director

101.8 WCR FM
www.wcrfm.com

Wolverhampton Community Radio Training (WCRT)
Newhampton Centre
Wolverhampton
WV1 4AP

Office: 01902 572260