[cma-l] Advice on original output

Eddie Stuart eddie at kcr.fm
Fri Sep 30 19:08:22 BST 2016

Hi Amjid,

You write your Key Commitments, and Ofcom (hopefully) accept them - it's up to you what you put in them, I'm not aware of any hard and fast rule.

Until getting our own licence 2 years ago, we ran as a weekday evening only community opt-out from the local ILR station under their licence, so we only had 4 or 5 hours x 5 days maximum - and that's what our presenters' were used to providing for some 17 years.

We emphasised this in our CR application and have since expanded gradually to avoid a sudden large increase in commitment that we would have problems sustaining.

We use repeats & a sustaining service to fill the 24hrs, but neither count as original broadcasting, nor does our "The Week in Holyrood" brought in from outside.

Cheers,

Eddie

KCR broadcasts across Moray and beyond on 107.7FM
and to the world on the internet athttp://kcr.fm
https://www.facebook.com/KCR107.7/

KCR is the operating name of Keith Community Radio Ltd.
Registered in Scotland: No SC 173805
Registered Office: 59a Land Street, Keith, Banffshire, AB55 5AN