[cma-l] Ofcom publishes research on offensive language on TV and radio

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Fri Sep 30 09:48:28 BST 2016

I could be wrong here ladies and gents but I have always had a gut feeling that offensive language is for some bizarre strange unknown reason more acceptable and palatable on TV than it is on Radio. I don’t know whether I have been living in a bubble but apart from an odd hic-cup where someone hasn’t done a song edit correct etc etc    I don’t think I have ever heard a swear word on the Radio ????

Do Ofcom for example have a different code for Radio than TV        what I am trying to say is if I heard the ‘f’ word on TV, I don’t particularly like it as it’s unnecessary, but I tend to just shrug my shoulders and go ‘’oh well’’    where as, if I heard the ‘f’ word on Radio, I would find it quite offensive.

Am I off with the fairies on this one ?   catch my drift ?

Maybe it’s the late night chat shows which I generally don’t listen to apart the odd time ‘’up-all-night’’

Thoughts ?

Nick