[cma-l] Free Afro-Caribbean news bulletin via Radio Cardiff

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Thu Sep 29 17:50:04 BST 2016

+++ Forwarded +++

Afternoon all,

Thought I'd share a story of a new partnership that is forming this weekend
between four stations (initially) to mark Black History Month.

Following the recent CMA conference, we went back to Cardiff thinking about
how we could collaborate with similar stations to us in the future - we
have more in common with stations around the UK than the community stations
that are close to us geographically where there is little scope for
collaboration.

Every Sunday, we produce a 3 minute long Afro-Caribbean news bulletin that
goes out three times a day on Radio Cardiff.

>From this Sunday, they'll also be going out on:

   - Ujima FM in Bristol
   - New Style Radio in Birmingham
   - Inspiration FM in Northampton

(minus the Cardiff local weather forecast!)

It's hoped that this is the first step in further collaborations between
Radio Cardiff and these other great stations. The news service is being
provided free of charge and any other interested stations who cater to
similar communities are welcome to subscribe to the service too - just drop
me a line on rhys.phillips at radiocardiff.org

Huge thanks to Ujima, New Style and Inspiration for joining up with us on
this initiative!

Rhys

\\

https://www.facebook.com/CommunityMediaAssociation