[cma-l] Community Media Changing Lives - CMA Strategy 2016 – 2021

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Mon Sep 5 16:15:40 BST 2016

The digital revolution has brought media production into the hands of many
people, but not always the opportunities to create, share and consume
content on community-owned, not-for-profit platforms. Not content with
simply being the audience, or subject matter, communities around the UK
want to tell and distribute their own stories.

The Community Media Association has underpinned the democratisation of
media for 33 years. Thanks to funding from Big Assist (NCVO)
<http://www.bigassist.org.uk/> awarded in November 2015, we have been able
to work with the Foundation for Social Improvement <http://www.thefsi.org/>
on an in-depth process of member consultation and review of community
media, and the role and direction of the CMA.

Please download our new Strategy document from here: http://bit.ly/2bQCtl0

In a rapidly changing digital and economic landscape, we recognise the need
to reassess how we can best continue to support our members to thrive, in
the most efficient and effective way we can.

In order to do this, we need to encourage and facilitate collaboration, and
improve how we measure and celebrate the benefits to society that community
media in all its forms brings, with as much emphasis on the processes as
the products.

Lucinda Guy, Chair of CMA Council

Summer 2016

https://www.facebook.com/CommunityMediaAssociation

Canstream Internet Radio & Video
http://www.canstream.co.uk/
https://twitter.com/canstream

*Book your tickets now for the Community Media Conference
2016: http://bit.ly/2016CMAConf <http://bit.ly/2016CMAConf>*