[cma-l] Funding News - Community grants available to highlight patient and public participation in the voluntary sector (England only)

Martin Steers martin at martinsteers.co.uk
Thu Sep 1 12:44:27 BST 2016

Hiya all,

This is a great example of were community media organisations can work with
other community develop and wider community organisations.

I see the headline of this funding, and suddenly think, can we offer to
deliver the "creative way to share project successes" to the organisations
who are directly working with the patients.

So we dont put the grant in, but they do, and then contract you out to
deliver the work (I suspect both organisations will get a cut of the grant).

Traditionally a lot of community organisations or development organisations
might not consider their local community media / community radio station in
this fashion.. they would look at this grant and either not think its for
them.. or hire a commercial company or freelancer to deliver the creative
side.

This whole area touches on a small piece of work that I have been working
within the CMA about, promoting community media organisations as content
creators for charities, third sector and other community organisations.

If you get this grant (or work with a partner) or have other great examples
of being commisioned to work for or with other organisations to create
media, please do let me know.. (although I wont reply until after
conference / the award!)