[cma-l] Ofcom consultation survey - Community Radio: future licensing and technical policy

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Mon Oct 31 15:56:13 GMT 2016

''Some existing stations and applicants feel that the Regulator does not
sufficiently take into account individual station requirements, which may
differ''

|___________________________________________________________________________
_____________

This has always been the issue from the outset .... one of the first
arguments / observations was that 1 rule does not fit all. Most problems
could be sorted in a week with quick liaison between regulator (s) / big
wigs and the munchkins (little people)

Someone wrote last week      (a process being long-winded)     hells bells !
that's got to be the understatement of the last 14 Years  :)    LOL

I was reading where Ofcom had been prioritising things. There need be no
prioritising if common sense is applied. Sorry to bore everyone but alas as
in our case, we are not broadcasting exactly to where we are meant to be
broadcasting owing to rules and regulations that no longer apply. All we
have done is ask if we can back to Plan A . once Plan A is implemented, the
rest is as easy as falling off a log.

Do we really need consultations ?    they've answered their own questions
haven't they ?   we all know what's wrong and we know how it can be
rectified ..just get on and do it is surely the way forward.

We could all start off by them giving Cannock a licence next week and then
go from there.

Onwards and Upwards

Monkeeeeee Magic

Nick