[cma-l] Community radio: future licensing and technical policy

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 28 18:03:18 BST 2016

What a huge complicated document - I'm sure that'll put a lot of people off.
I was very flattered to have been mentioned at 3:32:

"We have also met with a community radio transmission provider and a group that wishes to apply for a licence."

But the request has been incorrectly interpreted:

"They urged us to allow applicants that are ready to start broadcasting quickly an opportunity to apply ahead of others."

"We are not including this suggested approach in this Consultation because it is potentially unfair on other applicants."
Not at all - the request was to allow groups who are clearly ready to go ahead to submit an Application as soon as it was completed, following which they would take their turn in the system.
We were careful to say that no preferential treatment was requested or expected.
The "unfairness" aspect is that those who have done all the hard work are delayed by an arbitrary process of being forced to wait for others who have not.

Ian Hickling

Partner

[https://ci4.googleusercontent.com/proxy/2SkDsnIzSZgRbNnNKBSiwxiFhFQWRGV55mTjVL23fulnJpstZmYxeKrrYefY4qxiSgkMrAETld64XINLXCsujE_zI5gAsQyWeCWvHixcrNYtar3Sij4YlVBgN2NSQ-n2DsgZvrnpWZlfwCQ=s0-d-e1-ft#http://www.transplanuk.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/transplan_UK_weblogo_190x60.png]<http://www.transplanuk.com/>

Office: 016 3557 8435  (07h to 22h GTS)

Car: 075 3098 0115 (only responds when driving)

6 Horn Street, Compton, NEWBURY, RG20 6QS