[cma-l] Dale Brown, East Coast FM, #FeelGoodFriday

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Fri May 20 12:22:57 BST 2016

Afternoon

As there hasn't been a #FeelGoodFriday for a few weeks, here's the story of
Dale Brown who presented his first show on East Coast FM
<http://eastcoastfm.co.uk/> this week and will present every other week
going forward.

Dale Brown, from Dunbar, has cerebral palsy and took to the airwaves for
his first-ever radio show thanks in part to a clever bit of technology
called a Dynovox Voice Box.

Ian Robertson, station manager at East Coast FM, said

"I think we are the first station to do what we have done. Dale will now be
on fortnightly, pre-recorded the week before so we can edit out gaps as
Dale's hands are also affected. He did push every button though. The
acclaim that followed from listeners has been truly amazing and now the
wider press is interested".

The pre-recorded show took about 90 minutes to put together and Ian said:
“He loved it.

Video: https://youtu.be/-ogrOLJsj9s

More here: http://eastcoastfm.co.uk/dale-brownwho-lives-with-cerebral-palsy/

\\

http://www.commedia.org.uk
https://twitter.com/community_media
https://facebook.com/CommunityMediaAssociation

Canstream Internet Radio
http://www.canstream.co.uk
https://twitter.com/canstream

*Book your tickets now for the Community Media Conference
2016: http://bit.ly/2016CMAConf <http://bit.ly/2016CMAConf>*