[cma-l] Community Radio Fund & the CMA

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Thu May 19 12:41:21 BST 2016

Suggested this 3 years ago ! and all the other things that folk are now
pointing out. It is very nice to see more people chucking their
three-pennith in
.. everyone appears to have woken up and smelt the coffee.

In the event of just another observational whinge, let’s change our name to
‘Here we go round the Mulberry Bush Radio’

[Alan]      2 Minutes !              2 Days more like

OK, some might not blink
 it could turn out to be a waste of time, but what
it most definitely isn’t is it is not pointless because it proves we at last
after 14 years of pussy-footying around, whinging whilst at the same time
being insulted we have a Plan B.

Read between the lines what Plan B’s, mandates, supported leadership, policy
is
.. you do not have to be a rocket scientist. For anyone still in any
doubt or struggling to get their head around the concept           before
falling over / going belly-up / keeling over and/or doing a dying fly we
would take the plunge and break the rules
. We’ll face the consequences
later.

The key bit here is that if another 249 are thinking along the same lines
then those who have been insulting our intelligence for years might just at
least listen for a change as opposed to brushing it off or scraping it off
the bottom of their shoe !

I know you all know this already, but just for the record

. Discussions,
friendly persuasion, hob-knobbing is all well and good

 but if you keep
drawing blanks, keep NOT being included in any extra funding and continue to
knock when no one is in you MUST MUST MUST have a Plan B.

Off the top of my head, I think the Junior Doctors had a Plan B. Can I
suggest that our Leaders give em a quick bell and then let us know when the
funding meeting is and what we intend to do if/when/not if    etc etc

Sorry to appear aggressive and uppity
. but I am so frustrated. Get some
fire in our bellies for petes sake, friendly persuasion is not working.

Nick Dumpty

  _____