[cma-l] Fwd: Radio Studies Network symposium

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Tue Mar 15 16:34:52 GMT 2016

A quick reminder of the Radio Studies Network symposium we're hosting at
the University of Lincoln. It's next Wednesday, the 16th March, 1 - 5pm. We
have a number of speakers and there will be a round table session to close.
Have a look at the schedule below and do let me know if you would like to
come - we'd love to see you.

Venue:  Cargill Lecture Theatre, Brayford Campus, University of Lincoln

1.00 Refreshments

1.15: Symposium welcome. Janey Gordon and Deborah Wilson David.

1.30 – 2.20 Robert McLeish and Jeff Link ‘For your ears only?’ Robert
McLeish and Jeff Link have had long careers in the BBC in management,
programme making and in training. As co-authors they have recently
published Radio Production (6th edition)

2.30 Panel:

   - Dr Janey Gordon, University of Bedfordshire (Chair)
   - Dr Matthew Linfoot, University of Westminster, on the history of BBC
   Local Radio
   - Gloria Khamkar on the evolution of Asian radio in England
   - Andrew David, Siren FM, on the place of Community Radio in the local
   broadcasting environment

3.30 – 4.20
Rhys Hughes, Head of Programmes at BBC Radio 1.

4.20 - 5.00 Round table discussion.

Then join us for drinks and dinner if you can.

Any queries: contact me Deborah Wilson David debwilson at lincoln.ac.uk

*The University of Lincoln, located in the heart of the city of Lincoln,
has established an international reputation based on high student
satisfaction, excellent graduate employment and world-class research.*