[cma-l] Save the date: Saturday 10th September - The Community Media Conference 2016

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Thu Mar 10 07:30:04 GMT 2016

We look forward to seeing you at the Community Media Conference 2016
presented by the Community Media Association <http://www.commedia.org.uk/>
and hosted by the Birmingham School of Media <http://www.bcu.ac.uk/media>
(Faculty of Arts, Design & Media) at Birmingham City University on *Saturday
10th September 2016*.

See the video: https://youtu.be/Fi61HlOm8IQ

Early-bird tickets available now: http://bit.ly/2016CMAConf

The prize draw for the Community Media Survey 2016, taken by Lucinda Guy
(CMA Chair) and Shahzada Choudhry (CMA Intern), is here:
https://youtu.be/GhVR3CjD0sE

"The Community Media Conference is a gathering of the tribes, a chance to
learn from one another, so we can grow from strength to strength. I look
forward to seeing many familiar faces and plenty of new ones there. We all
spend so much time focusing on the needs of the communities we serve, it is
important to make time to come together as a community ourselves".

*Lucinda Guy, Chair Community Media Association, Soundart Radio*

The community media conference is the one event community media
practitioners shouldn’t miss. It’s a fantastic annual opportunity for
sharing knowledge and experiences with peers, opportunities for networking,
forging strategic partnerships and starting friendships.  A chance to unite
and celebrate as a sector.

*Terry Lee, Community Media Association Council member, RadioLaB, Luton*

“10th September is in my diary for the 2016 Community Media Conference and
I am looking forward to sharing experiences with other community radio
operators and also sharing best practice. The venue too is first class!!!”

*Martin Steers, Community Media Association Council member, Scout Radio,
Home Counties Community Media*

"I'm really looking forward to this year's Community Media Conference at
the Birmingham School of Media at Birmingham City University. Its fantastic
to see us move the conference around and make sure its in an accessible
location with excellent transport links to the rest of the country and
beyond, the Community Media Association expects a bumper turnout this year
and we look forward to seeing you there too."

*Sujata Sian, Nu Sound Radio, Newnham*

"I have the date for the 2016 Community Media Conference in my diary and I
expect to be there. Birmingham City University School of Media is an
excellent location for this year's Conference right in the middle of the
country with excellent transport links. With so much advance notice, this
year's Conference looks to be better than ever!".

*Shirley Ludford, Swindon 105.5*

"We're really looking forward to this year's event, as it's a great chance
to meet like minded peers and discuss best practice and the daily
challenges we all face. This year's Conference looks set to be the best one
yet and we're looking forward to meeting up with stations up, down and
across the land. If you haven't yet been to Conference make sure this is
the year you do!"

*Pete Flynn, SFM 106.9, Sittingbourne*

The Community Media Conference 2015 was a great event well organised with a
variety of workshops on excellent topics.  Being able to meet  with other
community stations was brilliant, being able to discuss best practice and
exchange idea’s in a relaxed informal setting.  I am really looking forward
to the 2016 conference it looks set to be another great event.

*Ray Siddique, Asian Star 101.6, Slough*

"This year's Community Media Conference looks set to be one of the best
ones ever and I have put the date in my diary. Birmingham has excellent
transport links from all over the country so make sure you are there too!"
Community Media Conference is the best place to meet, network and share
ideas to improve even more on the wonderful work done by all community
radio nationally".

*Ram 'Kelly' Kalynan, Unity 101, Southampton*

"The annual CMA conference is a highlight of the year, enabling community
radio operators to hear high quality speakers, receive updates on news from
the sector, network with each other and see some of the latest broadcasting
and studio equipment. It is a not-to-be-missed event.

This year's conference is on September 10 at Birmingham City University
School of Media, which is a superb central location for everyone to get to
easily. It is excellent to have this link with education as media training
plays such an important part in community radio. The conference is eagerly
anticipated and a large turnout is expected".

*Christine Slomkowska, Managing Director, 103 The Eye, broadcasting to the
Vale of Belvoir and Melton Mowbray.*

"Community Media conferences are where anyone that wishes to truly learn
about the mechanics of community radio and TV should attend.  Gloucester FM
fully endorses the CM conference. When the management of Gloucester FM set
off on the making the dream of having a full-time community radio station
in Gloucester a reality, we would be seen at most CM conferences in the UK
network. The knowledge gained at Conference taught us what we needed to
know when we applied for and got our first full time community licence.
This year's Community Media Conference looks set to be one of the best ones
ever and I have put the date in my diary. Birmingham has excellent
transport links from all over the country so make sure you are there too".

*Derrick Francis, founder, Gloucester FM 96.6*

Early-bird tickets available now: http://bit.ly/2016CMAConf

\\\

https://www.facebook.com/CommunityMediaAssociation

Canstream Internet Radio & Video