[cma-l] MiniDAB

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 9 17:07:48 GMT 2016

Quite so Glyn - you've put it more concisely than I was going to.As regards available capacity, can I point out that Digital Terrestrial Radio - commonly referred to generically as "DAB" - has the potential use of the previous CCIR TV channels 5 to 13 in Band III between approximately 174 and 240 MHz offering 41 "SFN" channels - of which the UK is currently only using 10, - 10B, 10C, 10D, 11B, 11C, 11D, 12A, 12B, 12C. 12D for major services and another 3 - 7D, 8A and 9A for the 10 trial muxes. (Source - Ofcom TXParams - updated 19 February)So - quite a bit of space for expansion?

Ian HicklingPartnerOffice: 016 3557 8435  (07h to 22h GTS)Car: 075 3098 0115 (only responds when driving)6 Horn Street, Compton, NEWBURY, RG20 6QS