[cma-l] Community Radio Awards

Dom Chambers domchambers at somervalleyfm.co.uk
Fri Jun 17 11:25:42 BST 2016

Contributing to this thread about Community Radio Awards.

One minor point of clarity. The Community Radio Foundation (CRF), which is a project of Radio Regen at this point, is not involved with any either of the community radio awards. The principal concern of CRF is skill development within community radio as we will soon announce dates for our next Radio Skills sessions. In line with any organisation I am involved with it is naturally collaborative and we will happily work with the CMA, Creative Skillset, The Radio Academy or any organisation that has a positive bearing on sustaining and developing community radio in the UK.

Incidentally I have been approached by both sets of awards. For convenience these can be referred to as .Com and .CO.UK. The former I have agreed to be a judge for and the latter I await further details. My view is that whilst it is not ideal that there are two award processes it is a good thing that people are working hard to recognise the amazing work that goes on. At least until we all have a chance to evaluate the first year of both awards we should extend good will to both organisations and wish them well with their endeavours.

Phil Gibbons is right to flag Trevor Dann's podcast as a good listen. I have also been carrying information and updates about the awards on my new inRadio show Third Sector with Dom Chambers. As well as the four times it airs on the inrad.io service we have, this week, launched a Listen Again platform http://podcast.canstream.co.uk/svalley/index.php?cat=Third%20Sector%20with%20Dom This week I interviewed Leroy Allen about the latest from the .COM awards. Martin Steers is aware that he has an open invitation to come onto the programme when he is ready to publicise the updates of .CO.UK

Best to all,

Dom Chambers
inRadioShow at SomerValleyFM.co.uk<mailto:inRadioShow at SomerValleyFM.co.uk>
01761568004