[cma-l] Audio & Radio industry Awards

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Wed Jun 15 16:06:39 BST 2016

I totally agree believe it or not. There is absolutely nothing wrong with
awards and yes let the Fanfares begin and hoist the Flags. My argument is,
there is no point having ceremonies and an array of medals if one hasn't got
a Pot to Pee in.

The rules need changing and the other Pot (Radio Fund) needs filling up.

At least let's have both processes running at the same time as I'm becoming
more confused as each Day goes on.

I have asked everyone (whoever that may be)  CMA/CRF/Committee
Members/Council/Uncle Tom Cobbley n' all    and I have done it openly
through this channel. No one has answered the question ... it is quite a
simple answer with a permeation of 2 and a 50/50 chance.

Have we asked Mr Whittingdale about the 8 Million and whether he is going to
find us any ??    preferably the same amount.

Like I say . it's quite simple                either it is yay or nay
if yay then what was the reply?   And likewise if nay, the next question is
why not ?!        and here's where the awards come in ... important matters
first. If people are being distracted away from the nitty gritty because of
the glitz and the glamour then there's a problem somewhere.

I'm not having a go at anyone, I am just trying to keep everyone on their
toes and focused.

Regards

Nick

  _____