[cma-l] Community Radio Awards

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Wed Jun 15 12:30:04 BST 2016

I think one costs £80 quid to enter and is linked to the CRF and the other
costs £20 quid to enter and is based within the CMA (sort of)

I have told the likes of Bill / Martin / Dom and the Team that in my
personal opinion we ought to be banging at the gates of the DCMS and sorting
out the unlevel playing field, the joke revolving around money being found
for one but not for another and a totally inadequate Radio Fund for what we
need to do as opposed to having awards where we blow smoke up each others
backsides.

I also don’t think conference should be about blowing smoke either
.. let’s
sort out what we are ‘not’ achieving as I believe this is more important
than what we are achieving. This isn’t actually being negative, it is called
living in the real World.

Some Stations would like to be achieving but can’t because of the stupid
rules and others have no chance of achieving because they have already gone
belly up !   with more walking the fine line.

As individuals I think over the years we are in our own little cocoons
achieving plenty of things
. As a collective group and an item (a thing
called Community Radio) we don’t seem to be achieving a great deal apart
from placing ourselves in the sections of stuck under ones shoe –who ?  what
? small fry ? heath robinson ?      in the eyes of powers that be and
potential supporters.

For petes sake, we had a bombshell and a sledgehammer hitting us right
between the eyes about 3-4 months ago where 8 Million quid appeared
miraculously out of nowhere for white Elephants and jobs for the boys ----
we got nowt     AND    WE STILL HAVEN’T ASKED THE QUESTION.

Come on guys, this is turning into a complete joke. Let’s get real.

Carts before Horses springs to mind   ????

NW

  _____