[cma-l] Radio Link Transmission systems

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Wed Jun 1 14:29:55 BST 2016

What’s fascinating on this one is that the distance I believe between the
Transmitter site and the actual base signal is about two and half miles
..
crikey !   that’s nearly as big as the actual broadcast area !

May I remind everyone
.. 5km !     don’t exceed that or else Ofcom will
reach for the panic button the Commercials will chuck all their Toys out of
the Pram and you’ll be in danger of broadcasting to more than one man and
his Dog and we can’t have that now can we ?? as it just wouldn’t be Cricket.
Everyone else pleases themselves but we have to stick to the rules of the
fair play award.

Remember, our aka name is   <>   Restricted FM                    LOL
:-)

A couple of yogurt cartons and a piece of string normally does the trick and
keeps the signal strength to a whimper, and the cost is negligible as well
a fiver (£5) tops

With reference to what Glynn has suggested, if the signal does stray by a
few yards then you can always lob a few twigs in the way of it, that also
usually does the trick.

Listening to the state of ours in certain parts of Macc, I think someone has
chucked a Tree in front of it.

Nick H Dumpty

  _____