[cma-l] Ofcom community radio review

Cannock Chase Radio office at cannockradio.com
Fri Jul 15 17:07:48 BST 2016

Hi

After a meeting with OFCOM at Portcullis House a proposal that was put
forward would be a mop up round for anyone to apply after the completion of
region 10. We don't think there will be another 200 stations wishing to
apply or very many in our situation ready to go to air NOW. Another
regional round as we are in region 6 would mean the end of our station and
business as we cannot wait another 4 years for the chance to apply. Why may
I ask has a station such of ours a chance to used as a pilot for what hard
work, Grit and determination can achieve. Ofcom are not aware of what is
happening to grass routes community radio. And yes we are a success but can
only continue to be so with the opportunity to apply for an FM license and
no DAB is not an option this is Cannock Chase so open the doors and let us
in please Ofcom and the CMA

Rob Hughes
Director Cannock Chase Radio
01543 622556