[cma-l] GENERAL DISCUSSION LADIES AND GENTS

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Thu Jul 7 16:21:45 BST 2016

Dear All

I thought I would share this with you. This is from our local voluntary sector ---- we are members and we support most of the groups on the forum.

We (CMA Members) each threw our three-pennith in last week regarding this (ie:- the first bit)     did anything come of it ??   not wishing to be negative, but I would imagine nothing did ?
Has 'someone'   'anyone'   harnessed all the information, collated it and then made a decision to get some audio done (generic) for Stations to play out.
As you can see there are two issues here     firstly    the topic itself, then secondly the question of   ''who is the person who is steering the Ship''    surely we can't expect Bill to do this as he is overloaded enough already ?   would this be the jurisdiction of someone on Council ??   I don't know ?  I am merely asking the question. This is where I believe we are failing.
We are all full of energy, ideas, good discussion, good observations, good arguments and debate but if no one acts upon it, then it is just hot air and pointless.
Can I please point out something very important. It is worong to point the finger at anyone, be it moi' or whoever for Parrot fashion repetition of topics when topics are not being decided on, and the Bull is not being taken by the Horns.
I agree, this is a discussion board / message board --- but when you are discussing matters that affect our everyday operations, surely it is a little bit more than that.

So --- read below as there are two issues :-

1) The rise in hate crime since the EU Brexit vote .... I wake up every morning and pinch myself and think how can this be happening in Britain. We are meant to be the most tolerant society in the World ..... hang on a mo  we still are .. let us not let a few idiots get a bad name for the majority of good decent British people.

2) Then there is the second point --- if all of this malarkey is going to filter down further down the line to grant monies basically running out (it isn't good now, goodness knows when we completely exit)  !     then is this not the final nail in the coffin for restrictions. It should be !
Basically, stop tinkering around the edges and just get shot of the lot and regulate the spend not the earn.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ITEM :- from Voluntary sector

Dear Canalside Community Radio / The Thread

The EU Referendum has and continues to be the hot topic of conversation for many people. Whether you voted leave or remain we need to come together to ensure that whatever happens next that we work collectively and support the people that our organisations are here to serve.

You might be thinking that the decision won’t affect your organisation as you don’t have funding from Europe currently however, I would recommend that you do keep up to date with developments as the impact of this will be felt by all within the voluntary sector.

One of the most concerning initial responses to the leave vote has been the dramatic increase in hate crime nationally. This is deeply disturbing and as a sector that supports the most vulnerable in our community we need to stand together against hate.

If you witness or know someone that has been affected by hate crime then please do report it.

There is information on what a hate crime is here www.cheshire.police.uk/advice-and-support/hate-crime/
There are a range of ways you can report hate crime with more information here www.report-it.org.uk/report_a_hate_crime
You can also visit one of the third party reporting centres in Cheshire East, you can find your nearest centre here www.cheshire.police.uk/advice-and-support/hate-crime/3rd-party-reporting-centres/
At the moment there are no real answers about what will happen when we will leave the EU and how that will affect funding.  As a sector we regularly have to deal with uncertainties and have a few plan B’s and C’s in our back pockets to cope. NCVO have released an initial briefing for the voluntary sector and I recommend this as it gives an overview of some of the implications of Brexit

Brexit Implications – Briefing from NCVO

If you want to meet with others in the voluntary sector and hear from key individuals then you may wish to attend

EU Funding in the NW Information Event, 14th July 2016 in Manchester.
The event will include contributions from ESF and ERDF Managing Authorities as well as contributions from other key figures involved in the delivery and management of the current 2014-20 ESIF programmes.

For more information and to book please visit

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/eu-funding-in-the-nw-information-event-tickets-25860073175

​We aim to keep the sector updated on developments and as soon as we hear more we will let you know.