[cma-l] Terry Wogan RIP

Shane Mc Breen shanemcbreen at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 31 13:38:13 GMT 2016

Truly the end of an era - and we will not see his likes again.
I became a TOG at the tender age of just 13 and like millions of others I felt that each morning he was talking to me directly.
 A few years ago he was very generous in his comments about IUR-fm community radio in Newry and in the time he spent with one of our presenters.
I wonder how many people involved in community radio were inspired by his warmth and ability to communicate with an audience, showing how you can reach out to communities on radio in a way that no other media can match.

A number of community radio stations in Northern Ireland are changing their facebook headers to the attached image for the next 3 days  - it would be a lovely tribute from the community radio sector to a fantastic broadcaster if other stations joined us.
Attached is the simple image we are using.
Sean Og Mac BraoinChairman
IUR-fm Community Radio, Newry.