[cma-l] Radio Verulam celebrates International Women's Day

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Mon Feb 29 14:47:39 GMT 2016

This is an interesting one, and to be applauded .. four of our girls have
just moved up the ladder after being with us for 1 year, 2 years and 4 years
.. two onto the TV screen, the other with a great acting contract in London
and the other into Commercial Radio. It's interesting because it backs up
what I have always said .. Apart from the usual '''challenges''' that we
each face one of the biggest is when we become victims of our own success,
and we've been bitten many a time before. Is this one of the reasons why we
are here though? We provide that stepping stone for people, be them wanna be
professionals, amateur, those who just want a Train set to play with and
people with disabilities and learning difficulties      ''viva la Community
Radio''

Putting it in a nutshell, apart from our Arts Review Ladies who only do 2 x
20 minute shifts .we've only got one girl left on-air     :-(      some use
a Ladies Day would be for us

''Good Morning, it's Natasha here, stick with me for next 19 HOURS, we've
got lots coming up''       LOL

Wrighty

  _____