[cma-l] Ofcom review of Analogue Radio Technical Policy and Processes.

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 21 15:14:07 GMT 2016

Ian Hickling
Partner

Office: 01635 578435  (7am-11pm UK time)Carphone: 07530 980115 (only responds when driving)6 Horn Street, Compton, NEWBURY, RG20 6QS

From: transplanfm at hotmail.com
To: cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Subject: Ofcom review of Analogue Radio Technical Policy and Processes.
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 08:17:02 +0000

We have been assisting a Client with a request to Ofcom for a change of transmitter site and a power upgrade.
On Friday I received a copy of a message to him from Ofcom which advised that the site change is progressing well - but with this comment about the power request:
We have recently started an internal review of our analogue radio technical policy and processes.  As a result, we are not in a position to consider your request until this is completed.  We anticipate this will take a few months, and will involve some discussion with the radio sector.
This is news to me - and I suspect to a few others - but it does raise a glimmer of home that Ofcom has taken to heart the many recent messages from the sector.
I have made known our welcome to this departure and a hope that the "few months" and the  "some discussion" elements will be suitably reduced and expanded respectively.