[cma-l] AM for CR

Colin Pearse colin at susyradio.com
Wed Feb 17 00:07:31 GMT 2016

Hi .................. Let me cast some oil on "troubled
waters"......................I think that AM is brilliant for some
particular purposes and for some particular applications. A good friend who
is a broadcast engineer once expounded the view that you can't beat well
processed AM for certain types of listener. I can vouch for this as Laser
558 was just about the best entertainment background for such activities as
hanging wallpaper or painting a ceiling that I have ever come across.
Something "banging away" in the background that is both pleasant but does
not demand too much attention is just the ticket. Stuff FM and DAB!  Down
here in Surrey at SUSY Radio we had a whole lot of fun doing low cost AM on
531...............three times the wavelength = three times the distance
plus. We never did discover why someone in Huddersfield might want to know
what was going on in Reigate......................of course hanging
wallpaper properly is not just a regional pastime! I am enthusiastic for
the round of applications when it comes and looking to propose something in
London......................any more takers!!

Colin Pearse  - ex SUSY Radio - Reigate / Gatwick / Crawley