[cma-l] AM for CR

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Tue Feb 16 16:45:36 GMT 2016

Ian et al

In the main I find Ofcom have been quite helpful in some cases, but in
others they have merely quoted the rules and stuck to those Black and White
rules without any grey areas for manoeuvre.

I don't think the issue is Ofcom, the issue is the rules from the outset
that were made by people who clearly are not on the same wavelength as
ordinary folk. Like I said last week .. Community Radio (whether one likes
it or not)   was set up for 'ordinary folk' to have a go. Of course you need
a bit of expertise .. But in my opinion the biggest tools we each have are
determination and a will to do good in our respective Communities. I'm proud
of what we have achieved against adversity and bullying.

With regards to this, surely it depends on the circumstances. I would rather
have AM if no FM is available --- but that isn't the issue is it ?   the
issue is that there is an ongoing argument between (whoever?) and Ofcom as
whether frequencies are or are not available ... I am but a mere insect, so
I can't answer that one.

I can however answer a lot of questions on the Politics of Community Radio
which I now know off by heart. I can recite it all in my sleep !  Parrot
fashion     and I do !

Maybe this '''person''' none CMA member has watched our escapades from afar
and doesn't fancy joining the '''banging ones head against a brick-wall
society of Great Britain'''           he either is easily satisfied, can't
be bothered or has better things to do than get embroiled in Transmission
Politics.

We however are involved in Community Radio Politics (not because we want to
be)  but because the 'rules' affect us . and they DON'T affect us for the
better.

In answer to your question ... I have (believe it or not) LOTS AND LOTS to
say about the positives of Community Radio and all the inspiring Community
Radio people I have met over the last 12 years .. As for the rules and some
of the clots and yellow bellies in Government who dreamt them up, I have
nothing positive to say. I only wish I could bump into these folk in person
and then '''let em av it'''  '''full barrel'''      they have made a
complete joke of something that ought to be nothing else but positive and
still the joke rumbles on even though all the answers and facts are staring
them in the face.

Onwards and Upwards

Wrighty

  _____