[cma-l] #LocalCharitiesDay

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Fri Dec 9 14:11:28 GMT 2016

Hoorah       :)

We’re already off and running ---- our team are going out and about in the Community over the Christmas period led by our two stalwarts Peter and Paul. Over the next couple of weeks as part of Communities Day we shall be robbing Peter to pay Paul in order that we can remain a charitable organisation and part of the third sector and will have somewhere to come back to after Christmas. It’s good of the Government to announce The Blowing Patronising Smoke Day at such last minute but would like to remind them that in each of our cases it is actually ‘Community Day’ every Day 365 Days of the Year and that the general support we have had from them (fund etc) has been nothing much short of embarrassing.

Of course Communities Day and Community Groups need to be appreciated and given a bit of an ego boost as over the next 5 years they’ll be picking up all the debreeeeeee from all the services that have been cut.

All said with a big grin on my face and tongue in cheek and no malice. The trouble is, I don’t actually think I’m that far from the truth am I ??

Correct me if I am wrong.

Of course it’s a great idea and let’s celebrate it the best we can ………………….. ‘’what do you reckon Eb ?’’                 ‘’Bah-Humbug’’

LOL

See you next week at the gathering

Merry Christmas everyone

Nick