[cma-l] Funding news - Power to Change awards grants to grow and develop community businesses (UK-wide)

Martyn Haynes martyn.haynes at wcrfm.com
Wed Aug 3 16:15:27 BST 2016

We had a similar knock back in June:

“Broad community impact – Your application did not demonstrate how your project would positively benefit a range of people within your community. However, you did provide strong evidence in relation to Locally rooted, Accountable to the local community and Trading for the benefit of the local community.”

I won’t share it here, but our section for broad community impact was pretty full on, detailing what we do, how many people we’ve reached, worked with, trained in the 30 years we’ve been around.  Discussing our dissemination local information and highlighting social, public services, health advice, volunteering, you name it.

I’m not sure what more we could have done to please them.  After reading we’re not alone in this, perhaps they just don’t like community radio after all.

Martyn