[cma-l] Funding news - Power to Change awards grants to grow and develop community businesses (UK-wide)

Phil Edmonds lists at philedmonds.info
Tue Aug 2 17:51:39 BST 2016

I've trimmed all but the pertinent bit of this conversation

On 02/08/2016 17:17, Alex Gray, Two Lochs Radio wrote:
> I think Ian has summed it up very well, and all of us should try to find
> the time to write in with our opinion of their stance.

and

On 02/08/2016 15:51, Pippa wrote:
 > What utter tripe.  If I wasn’t busy getting a station ready to
 > launch, I would take them on.

If you think you're busy launching a station, I think I can safely
predict that the majority of those running a station are equally time
starved!

Mass writing to "Power to change" - I doubt that'll be a good use of our
collective time.

Doing "something" to promote the benefits of Community Radio across the
board might be better - as sure as hell there's plenty of "bodies" out
there who don't understand what we do!

I've no idea what that "something" is - but when "grant making" bodies
and the "powers that be" can understand what say a "community allotment"
is but not what a "community radio" station is there is certainly a job
to be done.

Hay if we weren't in a catch 22 situation of the CMA being just as under
resourced as the rest of us.......

Phil
(Personal opinions etc...)