[cma-l] AM community radio

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 17 18:44:29 BST 2015

If only it were as simple as that!
I must admit that I hadn't looked at it like that - 531 to 1,611 kHz gives a quarter wave range of of 141 metres to 46 metres - yes - three to one!But do you fancy buying/siting/building even a 46m guyed vertical radiator - 152 feet high?
Apparently there are only 9 AM frequencies that Ofcom feels able to allocate to LP operation - I'll see if I can find out what they are.

Ian Hickling
Partner

Office: 01635 578435  (7am-11pm UK time)Carphone: 07530 980115 (only responds when driving)6 Horn Street, Compton, NEWBURY, RG20 6QS