[cma-l] Lord Hall - BBC and Community Reporters

Phil Gibbons philjgibbons at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 10:28:01 BST 2015

I must admit that I am nervous about this as many discussions have been
happening over the last number of years with David Holdsworth - head of
local radio for England and Wales. We (the CMA), along with several
Community stations have been working with local BBC radio stations on
building projects that would make content sharing easier so that we would
have access to their archive material, and that we could offer content and
journalists. Yes, the MOU addresses some of this concern, but as has been
pointed out here, this seems to have fallen by the wayside. The Community
Media Day was a great success and should have fed into this document as
well so let's see if all our hard work gets recognised or not.
It will be a great shame at this stage not to be included in the future
planning of the BBC.

The CMA should have sight of the proposals and the Chair needs to make a
response immediately stating our case and disappointment in the exclusion
of Community Radio in any future plans.

Phil