[cma-l] Digest, Vol 78, Issue 69

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 29 07:58:44 GMT 2015

Interesting - but the antennas are, in my experience:* - too close together to either match or propagate correctly* - not professionally matched* - not optimally element spaced* - VERY untidily cabled - it does matter!
No Nick - UK illegal broadcasters aren't mobile - they couldn't possible get the coverage - and they generally use 300 to 500 W from a cheap hand-built transmitter with poor bandwidth control - and a tatty antenna which is blatantly obvious to those of us in the know.

Ian Hickling
Partner

Office: 01635 578435  (7am-11pm UK time)Carphone: 07530 980115 (only responds when driving)6 Horn Street, Compton, NEWBURY, RG20 6QS