[cma-l] Applications for the 2015 Sound Women Mentoring Scheme are open!

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Mon Oct 5 11:18:11 BST 2015

Sound Women are delighted to announce a new Sound Women Mentoring Scheme,
run with the support of the BBC, Creative Skillset, and Somethin’ Else.
The scheme will run from November 2015 – to May 2016, and include a minimum
of 6 sessions with a Mentor.

We will match Mentees and Mentors with the aim of meeting the respective
needs and objectives of each Mentee. All Mentors will have considerable
experience in their field.

*MENTEES*

There are 10 places open for Sound Women mentees and we ask for a minimum
requirement of two years working in audio. This can include BBC,
Commercial, Online, Community and Student Radio as well as Podcasting,
Digital, Audiobooks and Radio Sales and Marketing.

The scheme is free to enter, but is open to Sound Women Members only. If
you are interested and not yet a member of Sound Women please click here to
sign up: http://www.soundwomen.co.uk/membership-account/membership-levels/

An additional 5 places will be available for women working at Somethin’
Else, and these places have been separately funded by Somethin’ Else.

All applicants are asked to apply using the application form here:
http://www.soundwomen.co.uk/?attachment_id=3769

Please send it to admin at soundwomen.co.uk.

The deadline for applications is *5pm October 26th 2015*.

We are particularly interested in hearing from women who we know from
Creative Skillset’s research sometimes struggle to progress in the
industry. These include:

   - Women working in technical areas
   - Women with caring responsibilities
   - Women who are 35+ and at risk of leaving the industry
   - Women who are BAME
   - Women with a disability

However the scheme is open to anyone who fits the criteria, at any stage in
their career.

For further information and to find out how to become one of our mentors,
please head to the website: http://www.soundwomen.co.uk/mentoring/

Look forward to hearing from you soon!

The Sound Women team

\\