[cma-l] HitMix

Ian Hickling transplanfm at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 5 09:33:10 GMT 2015

Congratulations to Robbie Benson and all his crew at HitMix for achieving commissioning by Ofcom at 14:00 yesterday to broadcast on 107.5 from their shiny new studio complex on Alsager's Bank overlooking Newcastle-under-Lyme and Stoke.Phew - two new stations for us in two weeks!This one was quite a learning curve as we had to resolve two fierce IPs from two relatively high-powered transmitters just 200m away across the road.It's very reassuring to see what a properly-configured bandpass filter can achieve.We'll be incorporating this into our transmission plans in the future.It adds about 12% to the overall system cost - but it is definitely worth the extra.
So - watch out for a shape-shifting five-minute Launch Sequence from HitMix on 28 November!
Ian Hickling
Partner

Office: 01635 578435  (7am-11pm UK time)Carphone: 07530 980115 (only responds when driving)6 Horn Street, Compton, NEWBURY, RG20 6QS