[cma-l] The Europeana Sounds project at the British Library: 10am and 4pm on Saturday the 7th November

CMA-L cma-l at commedia.org.uk
Tue Nov 3 15:33:15 GMT 2015

As part of the Europeana Sounds project the British Library will be holding
an 'editathon' at the British Library between *10am and 4pm on Saturday the
7th November*, and would love you to join them.

Europeana Sounds is a two year European funded project, coordinated by
the British Library. As part of the project the Library is aggregating over
half a million
audio recordings into Europeana and have been working on licensing and
enrichment and participation which includes smaller crowd-sourcing projects.

As part of the editathon you will be working with the British Wildlife
sounds collection to expand Wikipedia and enrich existing pages. Whether
you’re
a fan of editing Wikipedia, have a passion for sounds or would like to
work with the collection come along and spend the day with the Europeana
Sounds
team. There will be Wikimedians available throughout the day for hands
on training so if you’ve never edited before, now would be an ideal time to
come and learn how it’s done. If you have previous experience of
editing, bring your headphones and listen to some of our wonderful
collection whilst
improving Wikipedia.

The full event details are available on the project website, and the sign
up page can be found here. We just need you to your laptop, headphones and
enthusiasm and we’ll provide the rest (including lunch!).

http://www.europeanasounds.eu/news/wiki-edit-a-thon-wildlife-sounds

* Workshop Programme:*

10.00-10.30 Arrival and welcome coffee. Log on and computer checks.

10.30-10.45 Introduction to the British Library and an introduction to
Europeana
Sounds.

10.45-11.00 Introductions to British Library Sounds and Wildlife collection
from curator Cheryl Tipp

11.00-11.15 Introduction to Wikimedia

11.15-12.45 Hands on session editing Wikipedia and training available
throughout.

12.45-13.00 Recap and sharing

13.00-14.00 Lunch

14.00-15.45 Edits continue

15.45-16.00 Recap of the day and work done

16.00 End!

If you have any further questions or would like to know more please contact
Laura Miles: laura.miles at bl.uk

\\

https://www.facebook.com/CommunityMediaAssociation

Canstream Internet Radio & Video