[cma-l] Breakfast Show

Paul Golder paul at pvg.co.uk
Tue May 19 13:33:25 BST 2015

I can't see that I can add anything to my last comment.  I've made a
statement that some community radio stations have been mismanaged, backed
it up with examples, and suggested a simple way that stations could improve
their income - relying on presenters to pay all the bills might work for
some very small operations, but I don't feel it will take any station
forward.

Yet you've responded again, taking my words out of context and specifically
saying that I'm not considering other reasons and I'm "tarring us all with
the same brush" - I think it's quite clear from my emails that I'm talking
about examples and not the sector as a whole.

I don't know you and I didn't even know you'd been involved in a station
which had closed down, so maybe there is no need to be quite so defensive?
Community radio would be stronger if people stopped making excuses and
blaming other people for their failures, and maybe looking around to see
how others are fighting to make a success of what they do..

Regards
Paul