[cma-l] Guardian Letter: John ‘Hoppy’ Hopkins continued to promote the idea of community media

LOL GELLOR lolgellor at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 27 14:31:58 GMT 2015

Yes Peter - sad to hear this news - he was a passionate advocate to much of what has , and continues to emerge, in the world of community media. Albeit we now find ourselves in an environment of social media etc. I still remember fondly doing a "three machine tape editing" editing course at Fantasy Factory. At which I had the opportunity to engage with a pleasantly quirky individual, very much a fore runner to our current sector, who was actively engaged in empowering aspirants like me to grasp the wherewithal of the means of production. Times may change but there will always be a need for the Hoppys of this world.
Condolences to those close.
LolG