[cma-l] FW: General Election 2015 - Community Radio Archive - your contributions are wanted.

Canalside's The Thread office at thethread.org.uk
Tue Mar 17 16:00:19 GMT 2015

Dear All

I've always wanted to make an observation about this, and here's my chance.
At the last Election we actually took our recording kit out to a couple of
the local Hustings .. Recorded the debate with Green/Liberal Dem/Lab/Tory
... it was a very good recording and we played it out on-air 3 times.

We will do the same this time around  PLUS   this week we have already
started pulling folk in. We are including many Local Councillors and of
course the Parliamentary Candidates. We of course are NOT talking here
lips-service or mini soundbates, we are talking real interviews, proper
grillings and husting broadcasts with interaction.

The point I want to make is this is where we really do come into our own.
For example a Medium sized Town somewhere in Lancashire or Cornwall that
hasn't got a Community Station could be losing out. The local MP might not
be big enough or important enough for Regional / National exposure, but can
really hammer home his/her policies via the Community Station where they
basically take top of the Bill.

On another lighter note, I had to laugh over the weekend when I read Eds
apparent rhetoric re :- taking the foot of the Gas with restrictive
measures. He said it wasn't right that Radio Stations were being restricted
.........I thought to myself               eh ?????         I pinched myself
but then realised I was in the real World. We know he was talking about
'other' restrictions .. At the end of the day though, a restriction is a
restriction. Goalposts being uprooted again and moved to somewhere else on
the playing field (in case anyone is unsure which playing field I mean)(it's
Pitch Number One - the one that's had the uneven surface for the last 12
years)    LOL

Onwards and Upwards ..Vote Community Radio   :-)

Nick

  _____