[cma-l] The Cost Of The DAB Trials

Tony Bailey ravensound at pilgrimsound.co.uk
Fri Mar 13 15:01:14 GMT 2015

Revenue collection agencies would be falling down on the job if they
agreed to collect less cash.  You can't argue with them, unless you have
a cheaper legal team than they have!  I don't know if the Tribunal route
is viable for similar reasons.  One other possibility, which might be
worth a look is the ex-competition regulator, now re-born as - the CMA!
Only this time it means the Competition and Markets Authority.  As new
boys on the block they might be worth asking since the collection
agencies are effectively monopolies and have to act in the public
interest under the 1973 Fair Trading Act (as amended by the 1998
Competition Act).  The CMA will hear complaints from business as well as
consumers.

Tony Bailey

Local Reports athttp://www.ravensound.pilgrimsound.co.uk